Archive for May, 2011
Last November, I was approached by the Certification folks at SolidWorks to contribute some images and a few quotes that might help promote becoming a Certified SolidWorks Professional to attendees of SolidWorks World 2011. Being a CSWP, CSWP-AWS and CSWP-ASMS, and being willing at every opportunity to promote the use of good tools in creative design, I submitted some work for consideration.
“Being SolidWorks certified sharpens your skills. It means you know what you’re doing and you can prove it.”
Did you go to SolidWorks World this year? I missed the big event but I learned that it was recorded and posted online. If you shift the timeline on this video to about 5:25, you will catch Mike Puckett and Avelino Rochino introducing us as “Rock Stars”.
I highly recommend becoming certified, not because the test is easy or hard, not because it will make you stand out above the crowd, but because it will stretch your skills. Stretching means learning and learning is something you should never stop doing. It was fun to support SolidWorks with some cool images, but I’m no Rock Star!
- SolidWorks Composer User Group Meeting
- Southern Minnesota SolidWorks User Group Feb Meeting
- Branding the Ball – Redefining the Logo
- Custom Database Software Development with FileMaker Pro
- Branding the Ball – a WordPress website
- SolidWorks Certification …Rock Star?
- Family Style Display
- SolidWorks Weldments – The 3 Member Miter
- Branding the Ball – The Word Mark
- More New 80/20 Weldment Profiles